If you ever need to play a VCD on your Mac, here's how:
How to Play a VCD using QuickTime Player (Mac)
QuickTime Player will play a Video CD (VCD), but doesn't recognize the VCD format, so it will not find the video files on the disk and play them in order. You have to find each of the videos files for it and then open them.
To play a VCD with QuickTime Player:
- Launch QuickTime Player.
- Insert the VCD in the CD Drive.
- From the menu bar, open the MPEGAV folder on the VCD you want to play (File>Open File>"Video CD" Name>MPEGAV
- Select the first file and click the "Open" button. On the Player window, click the play button (>).
- Adjust the screen size. For full screen playback, upgrade to QuickTime Player Pro ($29.99).
- When QTP has played the file, open the MPEGAV folder again, open the next file and click the play button. Repeat this step until you have played the entire movie.